At least 20 sites around San Antonio will be hosting free summer meals for needy kids every weekday from June 1 through August 31, 2014!
It's part of the Summer Food Service Program, which ensures that children from low-income families can continue to receive nutritious meals during long school vacations, when they do not have access to school lunch or breakfast.
Here's how to find a Summer Food Service Program location near you:
- Go to the Square Meals website, and enter your zip code or address.
- Select the meal type that you are searching for.
- Enter a date between June 1, 2014 and August 31, 2014 that you plan to visit a meal site.
- Click Search Sites.
- Click the minus sign at the top left of the map to zoom out and see a larger quantity of sites.
- Hover over the red pin on the map with your mouse to view a pop-up box with site information and type of meals served.
- Select the “Sites List” tab at the top of the map to see a list of site addresses, including contact information and serving times.
- Check the map regularly, as site information is updated daily.
You can check out income eligibility requirements here to see if your kids qualify for free meals this summer. Note that children are automatically eligible if any member of their household receives either SNAP or TANF benefits.
Contact (877) TEX-MEAL for assistance with sites or program related questions.
Visit the Square Meals website here.