The Alamo City is known for doing their July 4 events up right, and there are lots of free and inexpensive family-friendly events happening around town that weekend.
Here's a list of the best fireworks shows, celebrations, and events scheduled for the 4th of July in and around San Antonio and throughout the Hill Country:
- AMC Theaters -- showing FREE screenings of White House Down for military and vets on July 4.
- Boardwalk on Bulverde -- Free beer for diners 21 & up from 6pm to 10pm.
- Boerne Fourth of July Fireworks -- Free show begins at 8pm in City Park.
- Buda's Red, White, & Buda Independence Day Celebration -- Free children's parade in the morning, free fireworks show in the evening.
- Hemisfair Park -- $2 admission for civilians, with free admission for active duty military who show ID. Enjoy live music, a kids' area, and a selection of top-rated San Antonio food trucks! The fireworks show is scheduled to begin at 9:30pm.
- Kerrville's 4th of July on the River -- Robert Earl Keen performs, and the town promises the biggest fireworks show in the Hill Country. Free admission.
- Kirby 4th of July Celebration -- Fireworks display, family fun, food, music, games and more at Friendship Park from noon to 10pm.
- Lockhart July Fourth Extravaganza -- Free community swimming from 10am to 6pm, plus a horseshoes tournament, a sky-diving show, fireworks, and more.
- New Braunfels Landa Park July 4th Celebration 2013 -- Free retro rock concert and fireworks.
- Outback Steakhouse -- FREE Bloomin Onion with purchase all day on July 4, 2013 (click the link to get the secret phrase you need to say!)
- Quarry Crossing -- Free happy hour and live music for military personnel at Piranha Killer Sushi from 4pm to 6pm. You also score 15% off your meal with military ID.
- Regal Cinemas -- Military can snag FREE tickets to White House Down at participating theaters.
- Riverwalk July 4th Arts and Crafts Show 2013 -- runs 11am to 11pm along the famous San Antonio Riverwalk.
- Schertz Fourth of July Jubilee -- runs July 3 - 4, 2013 in Pickrell Park, featuring a BBQ cook-off competition, a carnival, a parade, fireworks, and more. Free admission.
- Sea World San Antonio Fourth of July Celebration -- Free fireworks with purchased ticket. Don't forget military families can get in free to Sea World this summer.
- Seguin Independence Day Celebration -- Promising the "Biggest Small Town 4th-of-July Parade in Texas", plus a BBQ luncheon, fireworks, and more.
- Six Flags Lights Of Liberty -- Come out to the park July 4 and 5 for stunning fireworks, thrilling rides, award-winning entertainment and summer fun for the entire family. Six Flags Fiesta Texas will be open 10:30 AM. to 10 PM both days. Don't forget to print your free kids passes!
- San Marcos Summerfest -- This free event will feature live entertainment, food booths, children's activities, children's costume competition and parade. Rain or shine, festivities will begin at 6:00 p.m. with a variety of musical and family entertainment until 10:00 p.m.
- Star Spangled Festival at La Villita -- This fun-filled, family event will feature local and regional Tejano and Conjunto artists with plenty of food and drink available. Free admission.
- Wimberley's July Jubilee -- Fireworks, a community parade, arts and crafts booths, and the VFW rodeo.
- Woodlawn Lake Park -- Enjoy free admission on July 4 from 10am to 9pm, with the HEB Fireworks Extravaganza scheduled to start at 9:10pm. Active duty and retired military plus their families eat for free from noon to 2pm -- just show your military ID!
And check out more Fourth of July sales and deals here.