At least 20 sites around San Antonio will be hosting free summer meals for needy kids every weekday from June 1 through August 30, 2013!
It's part of the Summer Food Service Program, which ensures that children from low-income families can continue to receive nutritious meals during long school vacations, when they do not have access to school lunch or breakfast.
Here's how to find a Summer Food Service Program location near you:
- Go to the Square Meals website, and enter your zip code or address
- Select the meal type that you are searching for.
- Enter a date between June 1, 2013 and August 30, 2013 that you plan to visit a meal site.
- Click Search Sites.
- Click the minus sign at the top left of the map to zoom out and see a larger quantity of sites.
- Hover over the red pin on the map with your mouse to view a pop-up box with site information and type of meals served.
- Select the “Sites List” tab at the top of the map to see a list of site addresses, including contact information and serving times.
- Check the map regularly, as site information is updated daily.
Visit the Square Meals website here.