I've gone through and found the top deals and offers from these reader favorites -- so you can try a new restaurant and still save money!
How To Save Money On The Best San Antonio Restaurants
- Acenar -- Free appetizer with entree purchase with this printable coupon.
- Azuca -- Weekday happy hour specials, plus I'm pretty sure you can get discounted gift certificates on Restaurant.com.
- Big Bob's Burgers -- $1 Lonestar beer on Thursday nights, plus follow them on Twitter for other specials throughout the week.
- Big Lou's Pizza -- follow their Facebook page for bar specials throughout the week. I'm pretty sure this restaurant makes the largest pizza in the entire country.
- CBQ Eatery (in Schertz, Tx) -- join their mobile mailing list for periodic specials. I got a coupon for a free order of chips and salsa when I signed up. Also, you'll save 10% off your purchase on Tuesdays if you can show (or describe) your tattoo to the waitstaff.
- Cerroni's Purple Garlic -- Kids eat free on Wednesday and Saturday with purchase of an adult entree, and active-duty military receive 10% off every day.
- Charlie Brown's Neighborhood Bar & Grill -- they have a variety of specials on their website, and apparently they offer free breakfast at midnight on Saturdays (!!) According to readers, you can score discounted gift certificates over at Restaurant.com as well.
- Clear Springs Texas Seafood -- sign up for their mailing list for coupons on your birthday, plus a welcome gift for registering.
- Gallo Pizzeria -- Join their mailing list and get a free personal pizza!
- The Gristmill River Restaurant & Bar (in Gruene, Tx) -- sign up for their email list to get coupons and offers sent to your inbox periodically throughout the year. I also am on their regular mailing list, and I get BOGO coupons from them at least once or twice a year.
- La Focaccia Italian Grill (in Southtown) -- join their mobile mailing list for periodic specials.
- Marianito's Extreme Tex-Mex Grill -- follow their Facebook page for periodic specials. These folks were featured on the Food Network fairly recently!
- Paloma Blanca (in Alamo Heights) -- It looks like they will send you coupons for your birthday and anniversary. I loooove this restaurant; I can't believe I didn't know they have a mailing list until I did the research for this post!
- Rocotos Grill -- they have rotating coupons on their website, plus I know they host a monthly coupon swap run by one of the SABGE readers!
- Scuzzi’s Italian Grill -- it looks like they have lots of happy hour and reverse happy hour specials, plus half-priced bottles of wine on Tuesday nights.
You can see the entire list of recommendations over on the San Antonio Budget Grocery Facebook page.
And don't forget to check out the list of birthday freebies available on Spend Less, Shop More.