|photo credit: SA Current|
Here's a list of the best dog-friendly restaurants (and bars!) in San Antonio, as compiled by readers over at the San Antonio Budget Grocery Facebook page, plus a few I've personally visited with my dog Jackson.
Everything is sorted alphabetically by restaurant name, and I've also listed any current coupons or deals available, so you know which spots can save you some money too!
Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants & Bars in San Antonio
- Beer Goggles -- Check their Facebook page for daily specials. Dogs are welcome on the patio.
- Bin 555 -- Dogs are welcome on the patio.
- The Cove -- Dogs are welcome on the patio. Sign up on Facebook for their free rewards program!
- Flying Saucer -- it's rare to find a night without dogs on the patio. Check their online calendar for daily drink specials.
- Freetail Brewing Company -- Dogs are welcome on the patio. Daily specials are listed on the website, but $2.50 Pint Night on Tuesdays is always popular with beer drinkers and dog lovers alike.
- The Friendly Spot -- This Southtown open-air favorite allows dogs, but may not be a great choice if your fur-baby gets anxious in crowds.
- Green Vegetarian Cuisine at the Pearl Brewery -- Dogs are welcome on the patio, but fair warning that ducks from the river are often on the patio as well. So be sure you keep a tight grip on your dog's leash! Sign up for their online mailing list for coupons and weekly specials.
- Los Patios -- actually was the very first San Antonio restaurant to welcome dogs! Jackson is a particular fan of their patio, since the staff brings him water and generally makes a fuss over him.
- Madhatters Tea House & Cafe -- Dogs welcome on the patio.
- Papouli's -- The various locations throughout San Antonio all allow dogs in their outdoor seating areas (although the location at Huebner Oaks definitely has more room to stretch out than others.) Don't forget to sign up for your free Papouli's Perks card -- you can earn free $10 dining credits with regular use.
- Tre Trattoria in Alamo Heights -- Dogs are welcome on the patio. I recommend following the Tre Facebook page for current specials, like their semi-regular Wednesday WINE Down, which offers 5 glasses of wine + a complimentary appetizer for $25 per person.
Need more options for a meal out with your pooch? The San Antonio Current has a compilation of their favorite dog-friendly restaurants available here.